Click To Go Back To The Main
Welcome! You are visitor to www.GlenStephens.com
If you do not find what you are looking for, check my nett price listings with photos on HERE:
I list things as ozstamps, admin or Glen Stephens, depending which account I am signed in as!
And all the rarer and
scarcer and mouth watering stuff is added almost every day HERE:
Search all my 250+ web pages! Simply type in what you are looking for. "Penny Black", "Latvia", "Imprints", "Morocco", "Fungi" "Year Books", etc! Using quotes (" ") is more accurate for multi word searches - i.e. "Australian FDC" gives FAR more specific matches than simply Australian FDC if used with no quotes. Search is NOT case sensitive. Tip: keep the search word singular - "Machin" yields far more matches than "Machins" &c.
This is are a very small selection of the tens of thousands of stamps and "job lots" I have for sale. I am constantly buying new stock, so if what you need is not here, please ask! I stock basic Australia and most "Australasian Pacifics" 100% complete up to 1980, and the material in my lists is generally only the more unusual and interesting stock - let me quote on the "bread and butter" stuff. My prices on such material are the lowest you will find in Australia, whether mint, used, FDC, year albums, packs, etc. Refer to the want list page for details on how to ask me
And with the terribly low rate of the Australian dollar in recent times, the prices on these lists converts to CHICKEN FEED for those of you who earn other than "Pacific Pesos." Not ONLY the $US, but Sterling and the EURO are also incredibly strong against our pathetic little currency. I buy 99% of my stock locally - I am thought to be the largest stamp buyer in Australia's largest city, so I pay in Pacific Pesos and sell in Pesos, hence the incredible savings to ALL overseas buyers. If you buy via "Auction" (even if you are an Australian resident) you are always paying 15-20% "buyer premium", plus GST/VAT type taxes and other charges in many cases. That can add 30% to the hammer price of the stamps! There is NO sales tax or "premium" or GST/VAT of any kind added to orders from the list below, no matter WHERE I mail the goods.
1. Aust pre-war MUH hoard 1927-65: 2 copies of most on a stack Hagners. Many better sets here - inc. pre-war commems. Odd spot but most fine. (100s) $A125
2. Aust 1992/93 PO FDC: All different. FACE value is over $90! Bargain at - $A50
3. Ecuador Antarctic Covers x 15: Early 90s era. Masses of handstamps – often on BOTH sides – up to 13 fascinating ones per cover! Some are signed. $A60
4. Aust Decimal coll 1968-86 on 7 Seas pgs in Maroon springback. Mostly used incl the good early sets, but some mint noticed inc 1972 Xmas etc. $A55
5. Three ‘Seven Seas’ Hingeless Aust. Decimal albums 1966 - end 1982: Grandpa did them for the kids and then died. Quite good cond. All diff colours. The books and pages alone cost $420! Quite well filled with MUH. The FACE value of which is $330 alone. Some of course is FAR better than face. Also some used where he had not secured mint sets yet, on his pension and all these are uncounted. $A300
6. GB Beatrix Potter £6 Prestige Booklet x 10: DX15 £240 = $A600 $A200
7. Aust 1913-66 on leaves: Roos to both 2/-, inc 4d + 5d. 6d 1914 Kooka, then fairly compl. Inc 7/6d Nav, AAT Pre-Dec set. Many in horrid cond! Value tho at: $A65
8. Aust. Reg’d Labels: Large s/bk Aberdeen to Yealering ex Estate (100s) $A70
9. Aland Complete Mint collection 1984-2004: In a $100 Davo hingeless Album in hard slipcase. Michel Cat €474 = $A750. Incredibly popular country. $A350
10. NZ 1858 1d Dull Orange: VFU 4 great margins. SG 8 £600=$A1500. $A200
11. Massive Carton collectors used Aust + World hoard. Seems like has mostly Aust. But a lot of other areas seen. Absolutely crammed into a massive carton and sorted into jam-packed containers. Not all junk, saw high value Aust last 30 years on a quick look and a lot of postal U blocks &c which are VERY hard to locate - $A100
12. PNG used hoard: In German S/book and many 100s mostly heavily duplicated ex missionary to about 2000. Never seen such large qty this era. (Many 100s) $A100
13. Aust Pre-Dec coll M+U 1913-65: On set 7/Seas HL pgs. (ret $130) $A115
14. IRELAND meaty coll 1922 to 1964 Wolfe; On stack musty pages – untouched 40 yrs. Often heavily duplic, ex Estate. Mint KGV o/ps to 1/-, heaps 1922 designs unchecked (inc 13 x 2½d) Many 1948 Airs (SG £150) v.good 1950s, inc 14 sets 1958 Nun (£112) 6 sets 1960 Europa (£132) 61 Air x 5 (£34) Many 100s. $A300
15. Heavy Carton: Seven stockbooks ex estate. M+U world + old 1914 SG “Strand” album plus bags of odds and sods - mixed cond. Even saw a 1920 SG catalogue! $A85
16. Australia and AAT FDC's coll 1977-1987: Nice range of over 200 different FDC, all official PO unaddressed. A few spots, but soaked off as FU SG Cat as used will be £400 or so. (=$A1,000) FACE value alone is $A225. Cheap at - $A125
17. Norfolk 1980s FDC: Clean PO unaddr 2 of ea. FACE is $76½. 50 FDC $A50
18. Aust Pre Decimal MUH in large red stockbook: MUH from 1913 1d Engraved. Noted 6d K/Smith (2) 1936 SA, and 37 Sesqui sets. Huge strength in 1950s/60s large MUH blocks. Saw things like 2/3d White Wattles (14) + other Flowers, 2/- Oly block 12, 1963 Bird 9d (42) 2/-(12) 2/6d (27) 2/5d (17 – inc nice cream paper block 6) 2/3d commems inc Perth (27) Cable (22) etc. 1966 set 19 to 5/- CTO full gum ex PO pack (cat$120 alone) and good early Decimals in MUH blocks &c $A225
19. Christmas Is mint coll 1958-mid 80s in brown Seven /Seas album: Also a range of used modern material after that to 2000. V. cheap from Estate $A100
20. Belgium Album: Large impressive old “PHILAC” printed album 1849-1950 in good cond. Contains only a very basic collection – perfect book to expand with. $A65
21. Norfolk + PNG early MUH Decimals on large sheets: Norfolk inc 1967, 70 + 1974 Defins. PNG inc 1968 Shells + heaps commems. Some toning. $A55
22. Germany 1880 - 1949 coll: On 110 page “Stender” Danish printed album in heavy old matching binder. Cat 848€ =$A1,350. Must be worth just 10% Cat? $A135
23. Australia Kiloware - about 6 kilos: Some commems, some higher values, some torn, some on double paper. Exactly as received from a charity source. $A75
24. Aust mid-1970s era Plate vars/Retouches on SG ‘Senator’ leaves; Many listed retouches and flaws etc in MUH positional blocks up to 16 stamps. $A65
25. Aust + AAT FDC’s 1980-1986: Nice run. FACE alone is $213. SG as USED would be c£350=$A875 if soaked off as FU!. Condition mostly OK. A steal at: $A100
26. Norfolk Is Coll 1947-1987: Near complete, in as new ‘7/Seas’ hingeless album (Ret $158 – pricelist attached!) All fresh Mint or CTO from the Bureau . $A175
27. 1980s small Pacific nations FDC: Lovely clean bundle all diff official PO unaddr. FDC. FACE value alone $197 - 107 FDC. FDC has a set of 4 or M/S on most. Tuvalu, kiribati, Tokelau, Fiji, Solomons, Pitcairn. "Impossible" items to source as A.P. never sold these countries and will cost you many $$s each if you go looking. $A150
28. Aust 1966 Decimal set on superb FDC: Magic looking item as you can see, and lovely condition for 41 yo! Incs 4¢ booklet pane of 4, and both coils! $A90
29. World M+U in 4xbrand new ‘Lighthouse’ black pg s/bks (ret $120) Lots of stamps here, and the odd useful things sighted on a very quick glance. $A85
30. Australia + AAT FDC coll 1959-1965: In black FDC album. 62 different, all pictorial, values to 5/-. Nearly all neat typed addressed to same person. Quite a few are the rare PO “Logo” and “Shield” design types – retail $20-$25 each usually. Cat as basic types is $683 in ASC. An attractive 100% original lot, untouched by me. $A275
31. Australia Newspaper Wrapper(9) & Aerogram (84) coll 1950-1990: In 2 volumes. ASC Cat $813. Nice clean lot and very seldom offered. All mint $A200
32. Australia Letter-Cards/Postcards/Registered Envelopes: All mint.in blue cover album. All mint. Correct ASC catalogue value is $790. Cheap at - $A225
33. Big carton of 11 volumes M+U world with lots 19th century seen: Ex Estate. One book filled 1981 Diana Wedding MUH. (Toning) A MUH Guernsey coll. Aust 1981 Year Book. Boxes of handy used Useful Aust colour Cats. (1000s) $A145
34. Aust + AAT huge used Hoard 1930-2005: Nearly arranged in 10 x large as new top quality German Stockbooks (Ret $300). Must be 10,000 here! Lots useful blocks etc. A very good dealer or re-sale lot. Very heavy carton crammed full. $A175
35. AAT 1966 Defin set 11 + 1983 Strip 5 all VFU on parcel piece. Really unusual being postally used - $A40
36. SAMOA MUH Decimal coll: In Deluxe Lighthouse leather black page S/Bk (Ret $60) 1967 Bird set (£48) to end 1996. looks complete, or darn near, inc M/Sheets + exhib o/ps. 1988 Birds Defin set to $20. The 1990s commems are generally SG cat about £6 (=$A15) a set, and readily sell for $A10 - $15 a SET. Huge retail here. $A250
37. Aust - 3 large dark blue “Premier” springback albums 1913-1975: M+U hoard with often hi duplication including MUH blocks. Some tone (1000s) $A120
38. GB 1924 Wembley + 1948 S/Wedd. All w/centred MLH: SG £65 $A50
39. Aust. Aerophilatelic history: Eustis AAMC 1st Edit. (1937) + 1941 update + Alec Rosenblum “Aust Air Mails” (1931:ASM handbook no #1) All VERY rare (3) $A55
40. Very Earlies on stockcards; Ceylon 1857 decent imperfs, SG 2B/3/3B Cat £345 =$A860. Qld 1879 6d unused SG 143 (£90 = $A240) plus USA oldies etc. $A80
41. Australia Post Special Deluxe collector albums: 12 diff inc “The Home Front”, “Stage & Screen”, “Links” etc. Cost $12 ea ex PO ($A144). A carton full. $A70
42. GB MUH Coll 1975-80: On stock pages. Full sets. face val £26=$A65. $A55
43. GB Superb FDC cover lot 1997-2000; 72 covers – all diff, many are the very EXPENSIVE Benham “Millennium Coll” series. Numbered limited eds. FACE of stamps alone is £125 = $A312, so orig. cost must have been DOUBLE that. $A200
44. David Feldman May 2002 Aust States deluxe color Cat: Dale Forster States postal history, and Trevor Davis Grand Prix NSW. Post (still affixed) was $A56! $A50
45. Jersey 1981-1996 covers to Sydney: Lovely lot mostly 9x6” many with full commem sets etc. Values to various £2, and to £5 (SG £9 as FU!) Unusual lot. $A75
46. Aust States 7/Seas ‘Senior’ album (no longer made) Quite clean cond with the usual basic M+U range from all the states:with even a £1 value seen! $A115
47. The Ultimate Lady Diana/Charles 1981 Wedding Coll: Thick blue album MUH – all the B/Cwth country stamps + MS you can imagine + glitzy French African stuff + North Korea issues even! All look MUH and needs re-housing. $A120
48. Superb 1977 QE2 Silver Jubilee FDC Coll: Huge silver album with 52 x special B/Cwth FDC’s A-Z, all with full sets 1977 S/Jub. Cost $100s. V.F cond. $A75
49. 1985 Queen Mother 80th Birthday Crown Agent coll MUH; Sets+MS in the special blue album. Lots of £1 vals. HK MS absent – very easily sourced. $A70
50. 1986 Royal Wedding Fergie/Andrew FDC coll: Classy + expensive USA “Fleetwood” coll. 34 diff, in the large nice blue special USA album. Cat $100s. $A70
51. 1986 The Queen’s 60th Birthday FDC: Superb FDC album also in classy Fleetwood USA blue album identical to the nice lot above. (51 Diff) Cost $100s. $A95
52. Aust “PERF OS” Roos on pages: Large OS inc 4d,5d,6d. Small perfins to 10/- incl. 9d ACSC 27j var. Very deep shade 1/- (nice!) etc. Mixed cond.(29) $A135
53. Collection of VERY small Pacific Island recent USED: Many are CTO ex Bureaus. Tuvalu, Kiribati, Solomons, Aitutaki, Penrhryn, Samoa, Cook Is, New Caledonia, Niue, Vanuatu etc. IMPOSSIBLE to duplicate. Saw just a few low face Cook Is which alone Cat as used £29=$A73. FACE $329, inc some Officials. $A250
54. AAT/Cocos/Christmas Is Colls; In Ivory 7/Seas album. 99% complete from 1st sets to mid 80s inc key sets. Nearly all mint/MUH ex Estate. Retail ~$500. $A200
55. Aust FDC and PSE’s: From clean unaddr 1970 Cook set to mid 1990s. $A45
56. SA & Qld in 2 'Lighthouse S/Books: SA from 1855 6d Imperf. Stacks “OS” o/ps – incl. “Half Penny” on 1d green x 3 (Cat $120) 7 x “P” Departmentals. Qld M+U inc 1860 6d M ($1200 2 x 6d Reg’d, 10x 2/6d Red inc OS. Some Aust inc 1941 2d purple coil pair (SG185a £42). Mixed cond but I looked at this for 5 mins only. $A150
57. GB 1880 1d Venetian Red x 35! On ancient page. Poor to fine. £350. $A50
58. Large Viking Carton of JUNK: Large stack world M+U on album pages and in albums. Even Aust Post annual albums for 1981/82/83 (Cost $75 ex PO) $A70
59. Aust FDC coll 1946-70 in large red FDC album: (Album retail $40) Nice clean looking lot. Near all neat typed or unaddr. Nearly all are pictorial types. $A125
60. AAT 1966 Defins in PO Packs – English AND Japanese language! Both fully sealed ex PO. Stamps moved around a bit as per usual. Retail $200. $A70
61. GB Machin Heads: Nearly sorted by type to £5 in German ‘Prinz’ stockbook. Also the large Machin design stamps to £5 and a VFU £10 Britannia small cds. $A50
62. Huge early 1920’s Yvert & Tellier World Album: In quite reasonable condition. With usual overall shotgun attempt at fulfillment, worth expanding on! $A65
63. Set ‘7/Seas’ Pre-Dec Aust H/less leaves: Clean cond (Ret $130) with a sparse clean MUH coll 1913-65 with some useful stamps - to $30 retail each . $A110
64. Aust 1970 First 2 Official PO FDC CHEAP: 1970 Expo and Royal Visit. Both are superb PO unaddressed. Cat Nos #1 and #2. ASC Cat $270. Rare. $A115
65. M + U Aust & AAT in as new $30 burgundy ‘Lighthouse’ stockbook: (retail $30) Noted 14 sets ea Whales+ Yachting, AAT pre-dec sets x 3 mint &c. $A50
66. Aust PO Unaddressed FDCs 1970s and 80s. Toning on many, but many fine. Cheap to soak off as "VFU" sets as cat on those in SG would be about £400 = $A1000 as USED stamps! Totally unpicked - all the good sets and scarce ones here ex Estate. FACE of stamps is $283, so PO cost was way over $300. To clear : $A100
67. South and Central America ancient coll: Nice untouched original lot from imperfs to 1910, on set really ancient Schaubek pages. Noted some handy Brazil “Snake Eyes” etc. Correct SG Cat well over £420 = $A1000+. Seldom offered locally. $A250
68. Indonesia 1998-2001 Mint: Sheets, sets, MS, se-tenants, overprints. $A60
69. Aust 1970-1984 specialised MUH coll with all issues represented: In Hawid mounts on SG leaves in maroon binder. Nice lot. Masses of paper/perf and gum variations + some printing vars. Lots of blocks and lots expensive stamps dup like 8 x 1972 Xmas 35¢ + 72 Munich &c 2 x Cook “Anpex” Ms &c. Face $288! $A350
70. World used in big S/Book: Lots GB inc Seahorse set (£190=$A475) Useful late 1940s German area mixed cond (1000s) As purchased ex Estate this week - $A60
71. Aust Used Coll: 1913-1980 in a large brown “Premier” loose-leaf album. $A70
72. PNG Decimal coll 1973-2002: Fresh MUH collection on SG album pages. In complete sets. Surely the v.prettiest stamp sets around? SG £208 = $A520. $A145
73. Australia 1971 Xmas blocks 7 x TEN! Cost owner $1200 in 1980. $A175
74. Denmark fresh mint coll 1913-1991 in stockbook: Inc some booklets etc. mostly MUH. Correct Michel noted on ea page is 1278€ = $A2,050. 20%. $A400
75. Ireland Mint Coll 1997 to 2005: Inc Defins to £10. SG £169=$A421. $A175
76. GB early covers and entires: With 2d blues from 1859 and 1860. Also 12 covers with 1d reds - various and 1d lilac. (14) Some useful items here for only - $A60
77. Aust used in new black $30 German S/book: 1966-2000s: A lovely range inc good It’l Post issues. Duplicates of some. 1000’s. Superb buying at $A120
78. N.Rhodesia 1938 KGVI hi-vals set 6: 1/- - 20/- v.fresh MVLH. £104 $A90
79. Norfolk Island Mint Decimal coll 1966-2005: Mint on SG leaves. Nice fresh lot inc 1974 M/sheet + other useful etc. SG £314=$A785. Estate bargain - $A175
80. Aust MUH mid 1970s to late 80s - $51 under face: FV = $271. $A215
81. NAMIBIA (S.W.Africa) MUH COLL: On a thick clean set “Davo” hingeless pages for 1990-end 2004. (which retail empty for $A235 – list inside true!) nice clean coll – largely complete inc M/S + full defins. Beautiful thematics and almost NEVER offered for sale. Ret. will be very many $100s. Buy at around alb. pages cost! $A250
82. Hong Kong MUH hoard 1978 – 2001: Face val. $HK832 = $A200. $A150
83. China 1982-2005 Coll: On 70 pages in brand new black SG springback. (Ret $100) All fresh mint with a ton of M/sheets. SG Cat £340=$A850. Popular era. $A300
84. New Caledonia FDC 1982-4: 44 diff, SG £78=$195 as USED stamps - $A80
85. Jersey Coll 1970 to 2005 Fresh M on leaves: Full sets, MS, Sheetlets, + strips. VERY strong from 1997-2004 where near all cat val of £254 is= $A632. $A200
86. CYPRUS KGV hi-vals script CA: 1P, 2P + 2½P, in normal + chalky MVLH + others + KEVII 1P (SG 52 £21 M) + some U KEVII inc SG 53,68. (£20½) etc. $A50
87. PNG 1990s Booklets. SB6a/7a x 6 each, SB 8/9/10/11: Lovely run of the current series bklts which are surprisingly scarce. SG Cat £192=$A480. $A135
88. “Great Art Stamps Of The World” The massive and Deluxe Franklin Mint album with 108 diff special recess engraved FDC. Each FDI large Art stamps from various countries, with detailed write-ups on reverse. Superb lot. Cost $450. $A150
89. N.Z. QE2 ‘7/Seas’ Hingeless album: 1953 to 1980 (Ret $180 - true!) Huge number of pages due to all the M/Sht! Basic coll inside. Suit new album buyer. $A90
90. Aust Coll. 1913-45 on 7/Seas pages: Roos to 2/- Brown, KGV heads, o/p “OS” inc 6d Roos and 4d KGV etc. Mixed condition ex estate. Real cheapie at - $A55
91. Indo China to France 1931 commercial Airmail covers: 7 diff. Hanoi and Saigon origins. Lovely range frankings. Outward Airmail is RARE this era. $A75
92. Aust Early Decimal FDC’s 1966 to 1970: R.Visit.Expo/Grasslands/Cook. All cacheted, neat typed addressed to same person. (42 diff) incl. Booklet issues and scarce 20c and 25 commems etc. Mostly fine. All on Cumberland FDC pages. $A65
93. Cook Island and Aitutaki FDC – 1970’s unaddressed hoard - $A50
94. Brown stockbook MUH Pacifics: Lots corner blocks. Fiji, Samoa, Kiribati, Norfolk, Nauru, Pitcairn Is, Solomons (to $10) Tuvalu Cook Is &c. Quite fresh. $A100
95. Aust FDC 1970 to 1982 in $40 “Lighthouse” album: Incs scarce ones like $10 Ptg, 72 Beef, 73 Nat Dev, & 74 Paintings &c. ACSC Cat $687. (110) $A200
96. 12 x Malayan States 1949 UPU used sets Complete: SG £97. $A70
97. Aust 1914-66 Dealer Stock: In green L/house S/bk. Noted 1914 6d Kooka(3) 34 Vic (x15 sets) 35 S/Jub (x5) 36 SA (x7) £2Arms (2) 38 Robes x 3 sets. Lots 2/- commems. 63 Navs inc £1 x 6. Postal U blocks many issues. Mixed condition - $A300
98. Christmas Is fresh MUH coll 1958-2000: On Hagners in brown binder. Owner has missed some years from 1989, but more modern looks complete - $A300
99. Victoria 1854 6d “Too Late”: Attractive 4 margin, unusually light pie-crust cancel. Possible thin or grease spot under an old hinge. SG #33 £180 = $A450. $A90
100. PNG Annual PO Packs 1979-86: (Less 1980) Retail $142. (7) $A80
101. PNG Annual Packs 1991/2/3/4: Lots of stamps in each. ASC $173. $A95
102. Aust. P/Stationary: KGV L/cards x 2, 1 x nice 1d with view “Submarine A.E.1” – now sunk” KG6 x 5 M, + 3 x M PSE’s KG6. 6 x KGVI mint Aero range. Mixed. $A70
103. NZ Healths complete coll 1929 to 1978: Inc a few M/S like 1971. Nearly all mint cond, mostly clean and fine inc the key 1931 “Smiling Boy” set mint. $A185
104. Aust 1927-1965 *MUH* coll – 2 of most: On stack Hagners. Many better sets here x 2 – inc pre-war commems. Odd spot but most fine and high retail. $A125
105. Aust Decimal “Specimens”: In a Blue “Lighthouse” stockbook. Nice clean MUH coll, incl some blocks of 4. FACE is $A202. You won’t see these again - $A135
106. Hong Kong M+U coll on old leaves: QV (to 96¢) Cat £486 = $A1215. From SG#2. SG #20 (poor) and SG 19w inverted Wmk (fault) Handy KGV to 50¢ inc some “CHINA” o/ps. KGVI Defins to $10 from both 1¢ brown. KGVI Cat £160. $A200
107. GB Q.Vic “Gov’t Parcels” o/ps: SG 064/65/67/68/69/71. All used. I’ve actually seen far worse copies! SG Cat £610=$A1,520. (6) Under 10% SG cat. - $A150
108. AAT Base Cancelled FDC: 1971 Treaty + 1972 Cook. Superb sets of PO unaddressed covers from each of the 4 bases.(8) SG 19/22. Retail about $100. $A65
109. $2 & $5 Gardens in MUH corner blocks 4 or 6 - Face $258. $A200
110. Belgium Congo/Ruanda Urundi/Burundi/Rwanda: M+U coll 1880s to 1960’s on clean set Minkus pages (scarce themselves!) Nice spread all eras. Some slight mixed condition but I see 1 lot of this era every decade! Mi 225€=$365. $A150
111. World Banknotes: South Africa 1958 10/-, NZ + Aust £1 (VF) Aust KG6 10/-, GB Armed Forces to £5 (unc) Lots Jap Occupat. inc well circ. 1898 Russia etc. $A65
112. Australia Pre-Decimal Banknotes; 10/- QE x 12, 10/- KGVI x 3, £1 QE x 1, £5 QE x 2 (in pretty decent condition) £5 KGVI x 2 . All are circulated. (20) $A200
113. G.B. Commemoratives Hoard: A lovely clean used hoard in a $30 red Lighthouse S/book. From 1971 Ulster to end 2002. Lightly duplicated. Lots of top values - 63,64,65,68p values - cat £1½ ea =$6.25 each. About 1400 stamps. $A135
114. Aust 1924 2/- KGV booklet: ACSC SB26b $750 with 5 stamps remaining. SG26B £500 = $A1250. A rare booklet indeed. Near 10% of Gibbons at only $A150
115. GB Prestige Booklets: Includes the VERY scarce Gold Australia Stamp Exhib O/P’s on Mint, Rail and Christian booklets. SG Cat as normals £188 = $A470. (9 Diff) $A125
116. GB earlies on stockcard: QV to 5/-, KEVII to 2/6d (2) KGV t0 10/-. 6 x imperf 1d reds. Then SG 70,73 (OK) 84,90,127,196,260,408,410,416,452. SG Cat is £2,455 minimum = $A6,137. Poor to fine ex estate at just 3½% Cat to clear! $A215
117. G.B. 1992-95 Harrison Castles set 5 in matched Plate and Imprint Blocks 6: Rare set, corner blocks – replaced suddenly – the £3 is a key QE2 issue as it was withdrawn without notice after a short time. SG 1611/14 £288 =$A720 as 6 MUH sets – plus a considerable premium for plate blocks. $A325
118. 1970 Capt Cook Aust PO packs x SIX! Clean un-opened v.scarce $A70
119. OLYMPICS: Large coll on 72 as new Hagners (Ret $115 alone!) From 1956 to recent inc covers, packs, sheetlets &c. Lots of MUH face from Kosher countries. Cost $900. Noted Greek Drug cheat Sampanis, and Nigeria freak perf blocks etc... $A175
120. Scarce modern PNG Booklets 1993/4: Bird Paradise x 7 sets 4 (SG SB6a/7a = £161) Then SB 8/9/10/11 x one each. SG Cat £215 =$A537. (32) $A150
121 G.B. 1948 Olympics set of 4 on attractive FDC: Typed addressed to Victoria and Registered with applicable backstamps. SG £45 = $A112. Scarce. $A40
122. AAT “SILK” Covers: Superb lot of 40 diff 1977-1995. Lots base cancels and cachets – even pilot signed AAT flight covers. Cost $200-$300 owner stated. $A100
123. Australia 1971 7¢ Purple QE2 Fresh w/c MUH sheet 100: Most of plate number “14” at top. The Plate numbers on 4c are common, but not the 7c. $A40
124. Essential Early Aust. Handbooks: “Kangaroos” + 1914 1d KGV (Major Dormer Legge). KGV 11d (Dix/Rowntree)KGV 1½d (Ward) ½d Roo (Hansen et al) Rosenblum Cat (1936) The large hard bound “Aust Postage Stamps” (Collas) + the SUPERB set 6 Collas edited APO handbooks. (16) All quite Superb references. $A70
125. Tasmania 1899 DLR Pictorial set 8: All except 5d Hobart corner CTO cancels apparently from MP Presentation set. Key vals all VFU. SG £50++. (8) $A45
126. Norway M+U coll 1942-82: On thick stack SG leaves inc 1958/59 defin set 24, 1969/70 to 20Kr, Officials - looks virtually comp. Fresh. Odd small blemish. $A175
127. Aust 1922 2d Postage Due part sheet of 36 on piece: With portion Harrison Imp. Affixed to back 1928 PMG card (Adelaide) verifying PM had affixed “OS” stamps to pay for underpaid GOVERNMENT postage! MS cancels. SG D94. $A100
|128. Complete Set Aust Post Year Albums 1981-2000 Under FACE! Estate special. The FACE value of the stamps inside is $720. ALL are valid for postage if you ever need to! The issue price from PO was $964! Each Australia Post book from the 1981 book (issue number #1) also has a matching coloured, hard slipcase to prevent dust and moisture entering the book. a lovely set - a heavy carton full. $A700|
Papua New Guinea 1994
Rare "Emergency Overprints":
Papua New Guinea 1994 "Emergency Overprints": I do now have, and have always had, the largest stock of these overprints in the world. Buy DIRECT from the original "source"! Thousands of collectors NEED this set to complete their collections. Only 45,000 were ever printed, NONE were sold by the agents, Papua New Guinea Bureau, or even Australia Post. Nearly all were used up on genuine commercial mail. Not discovered by stamp world until months after all the key values all used up! I first reported their existence to the stamp world.
"Set of 11" - SG # 730/740. Michel # 714 -724. Scott # 860/871. ASC Cat $A420.
Local Richard Juzwin retail price is $A330. The Seven Seas Stamps "Australian Stamp Catalogue" (ASC) price for the set 11 is $A420. MUH set of 11 - my VERY special DISCOUNT price offer for this month is: $A275. Or MUH blocks of 4 (very rare) $A1,250. I also have the earlier and later overprints also at terrific discount prices. For a complete set of TWENTY different overprints my discount price is $A335 or that full set 20 in MUH blocks 4 for $A1,500. These will never be cheaper.
Definitive sets like the 1967 Anguilla overprints are already cat at £9,000 in Stanley Gibbons ... and Anguilla has NOTHING like even 1% of the collector following of PNG I suspect. Think about it! £9,000. This PNG set has a LONG way to go yet - that seems very clear. This PNG set selling for DOUBLE my price would not surprise me to see in the next few years. For very detailed and comprehensive background on this issue with all numbers printed etc - see my special page on these issues: https://www.glenstephens.com/overprints.html
Finally - all the 1994 "Emergency" sets I sell are of course guaranteed 100% genuine. You may ask for a Photo Certificate Of Genuineness on my security watermarked colour letterhead for this set of 11 or 20, dated and signed, illustrating in full colour the exact set I mail you. If required, this CERTIFICATE costs you an extra $A45 on top of price of the stamps, largely to cover the considerable time and messing around of individually preparing each one, typing, and scanning &c. This is Substantially cheaper than sending it to the R.P.S. in London etc, which takes half a year to get back, and also incurs substantial Registered airmail cost to you - in both directions. And quite frankly, the RPS would not have a clue about these issues. 'Too Modern' they would sniff. Years down the track when the set sells for several times what it does now, such a certificate Guaranteeing these came from original PNG sources in 1994/5 will add FAR more than $A45 to the extra price you obtain when selling.
Special Offer #131
***** I bought Pallet loads from Germany! *****
LIGHTHOUSE STOCKBOOKS AT Under HALF THE COST OF HAGNER SHEETS !!!!!
Bulk in bulk and pay 20% UNDER RETAIL!
This is a wonderful lot. My BEST selling line all year. Another few pallets of stock just arrived. All BLACK pages as that is what all collectors prefer. Your stamps look SO much better on black pages than white. The universal best-seller 32 page size. More details on this offer here - www.glenstephens.com/lighthouse
This new Deluxe line has really CLASSY looking covers front and back - like a rich 'marbled' leather look I suppose you'd call it. SO much nicer looking than the boring solid colours used for the past 30 years - even by "Lighthouse"! A lovely mix of cover colours per carton as you can see in photo. Five different colours - 2 books in each colour per carton. PERFECT for your fast location of your GB, NZ, Norfolk or USA or Canada collections.
These are top quality West German made "Lighthouse" books. The BEST! Surely your stamps DESERVE the best .... and at HALF the usual storage costs ..... why ever not?! The photos above were taken by me, and are of the books and colours you actually receive.
These books have CRYSTAL CLEAR strips - 9 strips per page. This is much more expensive than glassine to manufacture of course, but with glassine your stamps are always half hidden behind murky/cloudy type glassine when you look at them. VERY few stockbooks (only a few %) sold in the past 25 years have CLEAR strips, as the cost to make them is high. Strong LINEN HINGED pages on both sides for very long wear, and DOUBLE glassine interleaving to protect all your stamps - and stopping the cheaper single interleaved pages from tangling and crumpling up - which they ALWAYS do!
Postage and insurance is of course extra, but as always, I use carefully selected, light cancelled, philatelically VERY valuable stamps and se-tenant strips, small run modern mini sheets of 10 etc on every carton mailed, so the "real" shipping cost is often basically zero to you. POSTAGE ON TWO BOXES is exactly the SAME as ONE box within Sydney! Indeed, TO ANYWHERE within the Sydney Metro/Central Coast/Newcastle/Wollongong costs the SAME for 1 or 2 boxes - i.e. $A10 Registered post and packing in total.
Don't ask me why but if I mail you ONE stock book it costs exactly the same as TWENTY books costs! Australia Post calls anything over 500g a "parcel" therefore 501 grams to 20 kilos costs the identical dollar figure to ship to these areas. So you save a FORTUNE on shipping if buying your stockbooks in one order.
REMEMBER: It is a great idea to now and again re-house ALL your stamps. At this price why not do that NOW? Stockbooks 10-15 years old WILL have mould growing on the pages if stored in Australia. NO doubt about it. In any coastal areas it will start in well under 10 years. And on black pages it is VERY hard - indeed almost impossible - to see with the naked eye. You WILL see it using a UV lamp - go check your books! For a measly $23 a new stockbook to put your $1,000s of stamps into a brand new clean book makes superb sense.
In 25 years of stamp dealing I have learnt one truism. No collector can EVER have too many empty stockbooks! Just because you "think" you will not use 10 or 20 (or 30 or 40 or 50) you are WRONG. Trust me.
FIXED LOW NETT PRICES
Want to LOSE fully 45% of the Value of Your Stamps???
Click HERE for Details on HOW to Avoid it...
If you do not find what you are looking for, check my nett price listings with photos on HERE:
I list things as ozstamps, admin or Glen Stephens, depending which account I am signed in as!
FREE! Just click here... see exactly what my lots cost in your currency.
If you would like to be notified of updates to this website, Click HERE.If have any questions,
I am a Member Of
Full Time Stamp Dealer in Australia for over 25 years.
Full Time Stamp Dealer in Australia for over 25 years.
Life Member - American Stamp Dealers' Association. (New York)
Also Member - Philatelic Traders' Society. (London) ANDA. (Melbourne) American Philatelic Society, etc
Sydney's BIGGEST STAMP BUYER:
Post me ANYTHING via Registered
Mail for my same-day cheque.
"Lothlórien", 4 The
Tor Walk, CASTLECRAG (Sydney), N.S.W. 2068
Every credit card shown is
accepted WITHOUT fee.
Earn Frequent Flier points while buying at bargain prices!
ALL prices are in weak Ozzie Dollars. I charge NO nasty, nasty
"Buyer's Commission" on stamps like nearly every "Auction" does.